Saturday, April 21, 2007

Makeupholic!!

I officially announced myself as a Makeupholic!!

I just realised that I've basically almost changed my entire make up/ cosmetics to Bobbi Brown collection!!!!

It all started... with a blush (sand pink) that I bought from Robinsons Raffles City.
Nice rosy colour..

Then.. bf gave me $160 worth of TANGS voucher.. and I used almost 80% on Bobbi Brown makeup @ TANGS Vivocity by buying:
1) 2-way foundation (refillable with a white classy casing)
2) No Smudge Mascara

I spurgled on myself by buying again back at Robinsons Raffles City in March with Charles..
1) Sky shimmer eyeshadow
2) Corrector
3) Creamy Concealer kit
4) Travel concealer brush with 2 heads (concealer + powder brushes)

Then.. I spent AGAIN after going for my free lessons with Jerlyn @ Robinsons Raffles City:
1) Bone matt eyeshadow (eyeshadow base)
2) Heather matt eyeshadow
3) Eyeliner Gel
4) Ultra Fine Eyeliner Brush
5) Blemish Concealer
FREE: Trial size lipstick in Rosy, Trial Size Vitamin-enriched Face Base and No Smudge Mascara (which this mascara I gave it to my buddy)

Recently at TANGS Vivocity, I spent $$$ on buying:
1) Peach Shimmer Eyeshadow
2) Blush in Pale Pink

I'm hopelessly a makeupholic!!!!!!

So after buying quite a hefty amount on their makeup... My reviews:

1) 2-way cake - Medium coverage for everyday office wear. If you have good skin, and lazy, it's good! Matt look at least more than half a day. Blotting still required since my face is a combi-skin type. How you swipe your foundation on your skin will affect the looks of your pores.

2) Corrector and Creamy Concealer Kit - SAVIOUR for all DARK EYE CIRCLES SUFFERERS!! Corrector basically covers and brightens your eye area, while concealer provides the coverage to reduce puffiness and the darkness. Set the eye area with the sheer powder, and VOILA! Your face instantly brightens, even if you only have 3 hours of sleep!
Remember not to use your foundation to go over your eye area again, else you will ruin everything!

By the way, do you know that you are not supposed to put foundation over your eyelids?? You will cause your eyeshadow to have creases/crack (for those with double eyelids) easily.

3) Eyeliner Gel + No Smudge Mascara - NO MORE PANDA EYES!! Both products guarantee no smudges at all!! (unless you got horribly oily eye area)
The eyeliner gel glides on smoothly over your lids. Non-cakey and don't flake when dry. All natural, soft look. Do not attempt to line your lower eyelids with the gel though, cos' the sebrum/ facial oil will tend to dissolve the gel. If you wanna line your lower lids, use pencil or eyeshadow.
The mascara brushes on smoothly too! Doesn't clump and stays on your lashes! Staying power is fantasic!
Both products stay on after 1 whole day outside.

4) Blemish Concealer - For the red, swollen pimples to camoflage! Because it's a slight medicated, it will help to heal your giant pimple, yet conceals effectively. After applying your foundation, apply using the concealer brush on the pimple, then using your finger, slowly tap/ blend. Then use Loose Powder to set the face.

5) Eyeshadows - Earthly colours for the everyday look. I like it! The Bone colour is more of a eyeshadow base before you put on other colours.

6) Blushes - I absolutely love Pale Pink, so pigmented, yet giving that soft natural flush on the cheeks. Many thanks to Jerlyn for teaching me the correct way to put on blusher without looking like a wayang. Sand Pink is of a duller colour but still lovely for that warm beach look.

I've tried the trial-size face base (viatmins enriched) as a makeup base. My 2-way cake was able to glide on evenly on my face. Skin looks dewy, soft and smooth (except for a few large unsightly pores). Makeup stays on longer and minimum touchup is required. Not forgetting, the smell is so delicious!

I learnt a few tricks from the Bobbi Brown makeup artists on eye-makeup, especially for people with single eyelids like me.
My challenge is how to make my eyes look bigger (or open them up), so that I dun give a 'forever-sleepy' look. They gave me a few good tips.. so.. if anyone is interested to know, or if you have any good techniques, do leave a comment! No fake eyelashes/ big-eye contact lenses is required! :P

I'm officially also the makeup guru of the department liao.. LOL~

No comments: