Saturday, July 19, 2008

Life goes on...

It's been 2 weeks since the death of Fei Mao...
We brought back his ashes, placed his fave crabmeat (kitty snacks) and cat biscuits in front of his little urn. Brownie is still adjusting to being alone... Once in a while she will walk around the house, meowing... as though she's calling for Fei Mao. When Fei Mao passed away, she was restless and pretty emo, never stepped into my brother's room then. However once we brought Fei Mao back, she immediately went into his room, up onto the bed and laid there. It felt as though he's back, and she's lying there beside him like the usual..

As much as my parents tried to persuade us not to bring back, we insisted. He's part of the family, brought back to our home since young. He never left the house before.. leaving him alone to fend for himself in a totally unusual place, that's not possible. My brother told me that his gf refused to come to our house anymore because of the ashes. I find it amusing...
It's just ashes.. even if the 'spirit' comes back and stays in the house, what harm can he do? Even when alive, he just laid down at the computer table or the bed to laze, never even bother anyone. So even his spirit will just do the same..
In fact now, he's like a guardian angel.. making sure everyone in the house is safe..

Hubby says Fei Mao probably died to block some disaster in the family, maybe that's Fei Mao's way of saying thanks to us for taking care and doting on him for the past 14 years. I guess I felt the same way.. he was still strolling around in the house, lazing at the living room when all of a sudden, he just grasped for breath, dragging his hind legs to go to his fave spot.......... to wait for his master to return, to see him, before he leaves...

I never regret bringing strays home.. To date, I brought 4 kitties home, Fei Mao, Brownie, Boy-Boy (the blue-eyed tabby kitten with brown paws) and P-P (the fiesty cat that now dominates my hubby's house). I'm an animal lover.. dogs, cats, birds, tortoises, fishes etc... I couldn't bear to see an animal suffering. Whenever hubby sees a dead dog/ cat/ bird lying in the middle of the road, he will warn me and I'll just look elsewhere. More or less, I've developed a slight phobia of seeing such after witnessing a cat being hit by a car. I hate watching movies that involved animals that die saving their master/mistress.. makes me cry every time..

I can't imagine having Brownie leaving us as well... I know one day she will.. especially she's such a vocal little piggy.. I'm hesitant about bringing another one home.. worrying if the new cat can get along with brownie is one thing, seeing your own pet pass away is another..

I shall end this emotional post here. Life goes on, so make each minute a happy one.

No comments: